Thursday 12 July 2007

STF New features coming soon.

Hi there everyone,

As part of a range of improvements to the forum we will be updating the site soon and adding new features. I am really keen to keep improving the site and trying to encourage more new members to be a part of our community. We are particularly keen to find new members from other areas, Glasgow, The Borders, the Highlands and more, I intend to travel about to support more productions from around the country. We are all really keen to welcome even more debate from across Scotland and form friendships with our colleagues from far and wide.

I am working on some new developments to the site which fingers crossed will make their debut soon. With the growth of networking sites such as Facebook, My space and of course Bebo I am looking at ways we can integrate any of these you are a member of into your profiles. Hopefully this will encourage more and more people to share the STF experience around.

I am also developing a new feature which will, once completed, be a record of all amateur companies across Scotland, it will show their location, their current production, contacts, Fee details, rehearsal details and a host of other info to help those of you not involved in shows (and indeed those who are!) find a company close to you who would be happy to welcome you along, I see this as a great reference for the newcomers to Am Dram and also a way for companies to recruit new members. If you are involved in a company and would like to be featured then email me at mark@scottishtheatreforum.com

I am also really keen to get things rolling on our 'Featured Company of the month' section, I asked a while ago but you all must be really shy, we can do it two ways, either you can send me a load of info and photo's about your company and maybe even an article or you can drop me a line and I will arrange to get along to a rehearsal and take photo's and write an article, how about that? Don't be shy, drop me a line and we can get this rolling, it would be great publicity for your company and we would make a really big feature out of it.

Plenty more to come folks so keep spreading the STF word out there.

Regards,

Mark.

No comments: