Friday 9 November 2007

Friends and Forums

Well, as promised we have this week launched the long awaited revamp to the forum, albeit four months later than planned, however we have been delighted with the early response and the lovely new look and the compliments received by our members have made all the work worthwhile.

It’s been my aim since day one of the STF to foster a network that encourages people to work together for the benefit of all and we are well on the way to achieving that aim as we bid to consolidate the site and increase membership, the forum I feel can be a tool in bringing people together more and encouraging the realisation that we all, in our own cities and regions, can learn a lot from each other and can be a support for each others endeavours. I would like to think that in our own small way we have made a difference to companies and seen an increase, however small, in audience figures as we all make new friends and take a keen interest in each others productions. This is certainly the case in the central belt but we will now be making a massive effort over the next six months to increase our profile with amateur theatre lovers around the rest of Scotland. I plan to arrange more road trips to take the STF crew further out and about and we will be attending more productions in far flung areas so if you are mounting a show then get along to the forum and tell us about it and we’ll take it from there.

The other thing about the STF which has been a joy to see is exactly what I have touched on above, friendships. I have been delighted that so many have made new friends through these boards, friends in life are to be treasured and it has been lovely to see so many new relationships flourish as a result of online conversations. I myself have been stunned to realise the amount of new acquaintances I have made through my work on the forum and I can honestly say over the last nineteen months I have met people with whom I know I will enjoy a long and valued friendship with. It is my intention to arrange another STF meet and greet early in the New Year and this time I plan to do two or three before next summer in Glasgow, The Borders and the Highlands to encourage our members from those areas to enjoy a pleasant evening in good company with great conversation. There will shortly be additions to the STF Moderating staff and part of that remit will be to liaise with members in their own areas and encourage their involvement.

So it’s been a remarkably busy year for the forum and we still have just under two months until the end of it, there is plenty more life in the STF and myself and the gang look forward to your company over that time.

Take care,

Mark.

No comments: